Hollywood Studios will be celebrating its 30th Anniversary on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. This is a perfect time for us to celebrate the past, present, and the new, exciting future of the park as it continues to evolve into a thrilling destination full of adventures for your family! Here is a glimpse of the fun that is to come as Disney celebrates this milestone anniversary.
- View a Star-Studded Celebration – A Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Star-Studded Celebration cavalcade starring Mickey
and friendswill step off at 10 a.m. and will head down Hollywood Blvd.
- Pick Up a Commemorative 30th Anniversary Guide Map & Button – Guests entering the park can grab a special
30th anniversarycommemorative guide map and button.
- Grab Exclusive 30th Anniversary Merchandise – Special
30th anniversarymerchandise will be unveiled on May 1, including a new adult T-shirt, baseball cap, Tervis 24-oz tumbler, MagicBand, ornament and much more. Annual passholderscan also shop for some items exclusively created for them. Merchandise can be found starting at 8 a.m. in Grand Park, while supplies last. (Please note: Merchandise will go on sale at 8 a.m., Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens at 9 a.m.)
- Taste Special Food & Beverage Items – A slew of special anniversary food & beverage items will be available throughout the park, including Kylo Ren Cupcakes, Incredibles Macarons, Tres Leches Verrine and many more.
- Stay For the Debut of “Wonderful World of Animation” – The park’s new nighttime projection show will light up the park for its official debut on May 1, 2019. You can watch in wonder as the façade of the Chinese Theatre is magically transformed – displaying this stirring tribute to animation. Behold spectacular sequences celebrating themes like magic, family, adventure, romance, and friendship. Each theme is brought to life through unforgettable moments from beloved films—like “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Incredibles,” “Coco” and many more. The show will debut at 9:05 p.m. ET, just prior to the park’s “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show.
In addition to new attractions, entertainment, and merchandise, there will be an incredible menu of limited-time offerings starting May 1 as well as a few legacy menu items that have been offered since the park opened. You won’t want to miss out on these yummy treats.
- Kylo Ren Cupcake – peanut butter and chocolate cupcake – Found at Rosie’s All-American Café and Dockside Diner
- Lightsaber Churros – churros dusted in red or blue sugar – Found at Anaheim Produce, Market at Pixar Place, Pretzel Palooza, and various churro carts throughout the park
- Playful Luxo Ball – mango mousse, banana sponge cake, caramel chocolate, and rice croquant – Found at The Trolley Car Café and BaseLine Tap House
- Incredibles Macarons – black and red almond macarons with mango passion ganache – Found at Market at Pixar Place and BaseLine Tap House
- The Sorcerer’s Hat – lemon sponge cake with vanilla swiss buttercream, lemon curd, and white chocolate glaze – Found at ABC Commissary and Fantasmic! Food Carts
- Mickey Mouse’s Celebration Cake – chocolate sponge cake with chocolate cream, vanilla marshmallow, and passion fruit crispy pearls –Found at Backlot Express
- Minnie Mouse’s Celebration Cake – yellow cake with strawberry cream, strawberry marshmallow, and strawberry crispy pearls – Found at Backlot Express
- Key Lime Pie Verrine – layers of Key lime custard and graham cracker finished with whipped cream and a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo – Found at Rosie’s All-American Café and Backlot Express
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Verrine – lemon cheesecake topped with blueberries, white chocolate crispy pearls, and a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo – Found at Catalina Eddie’s
- Tres Leches Verrine – tres leches cake served with whipped cream, a fresh strawberry, strawberry candy rocks, and a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo – Found at Fairfax Fare
- Raspberry Mousse Verrine – raspberry mousse topped with fresh raspberries and a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo – Found at ABC Commissary
- Galaxy Margarita – silver tequila, blue curaçao, sweet and sour mix – Found at various walk-up bars throughout the park
- Celebration Fizz – vanilla vodka, cranberry juice, prosecco – Found at Tune-In Lounge and The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge
- Banana Split Cocktail – vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, crème de banana, strawberry monin, pineapple juice – Found at various walk-up bars throughout the park
These dishes have withstood the test of time and have been offered throughout the history of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, dating all the way back to the parks opening day in 1989. These original dishes are some of the most iconic and popular items offered throughout the park. In addition to being featured throughout this momentous celebration, these dishes are offered year-round.
The Hollywood Brown Derby Legacy Dishes
- Our Famous Cobb Salad – finely-chopped greens topped with turkey breast, bacon, egg, tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, avocado, chives, and
- Brown Derby Original Grapefruit Cake – available as part of a customizable mini dessert trio
- 50’s Prime Time Café Legacy Dishes
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken – crispy, bone-in fried chicken served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and seasonal vegetables
- Cousin Megan’s Traditional Meatloaf – blend of beef and pork topped with tomato glaze and served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and green beans
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Milk Shake